Dec 30, 2008

Homemade Table Tennis

Homemade Table Tennis Ping Pong Robot



Homemade Table Tennis Ping Pong Robot - Click here for the most popular videos


I invented this mechanical "Ping Pong Robot" because I'm a mechanical engineering student at Georgia Tech and I love Table Tennis. It is a purely mechanical alternative to the electro-mechanical robots currently available.

Ben Beck, Jay Johnson, Ryder Winck, and I chose this device for our Modeling and Simulation project Spring 2008. The results were put into practice when I built it later in the semester.

In Spring 2008 the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets competed for their first time in the NCTTA National Championships. The men came in at 16th in the Nation. The women, 4th. This machine is dedicated to the 2008 Nationally Ranked Georgia Tech team.

For more information about:
Georgia Tech Table Tennis
the Modeling and Simulation Project
and other Table Tennis Projects

No comments:

My other blogs